Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Scene 1; Take 1; “Marker”…





Yesterday, the initial episode of Healthy Cooking…with Howard was shot in Studio K at LexMedia’s facilities in Lexington.

I have been anticipating this event since I conceived of the idea in March and had been preparing for it for at least a month: planning the menu, designing a concept, scripting it, rehearsing for it “in my head”, watching other LexMedia’s cooking shows, testing the kitchen facilities, etc. I even took a series of courses in filming and editing offered by LexMedia to get a sense of what producing a show entails. Suffice it to say all of that did not prepare me for the experience of simultaneously articulating a message and cooking a meal on camera. Sort of takes the “walking while chewing gum” dichotomy to a whole new level (I guess that’s what rehearsals are for).

That said, the experience was generally a positive one for me. So, if we can edit the footage and get a 30 minute show out of it, I’m committed to making it the 1st in a series. And, unless it’s just awful, I’ll post it to the Healthy Cooking…with Howard page when the editing is done. The recipes for the food I prepared will shortly be available on my Recipes page.

Finally, my sincere thanks to the LexMedia staff and crew for their effort and expertise; to my “studio audience” for their support; and, as with all things in my life, to my wife, Suzanne, for her encouragement and collaboration.

Inspiration, move me brightly
Light the song with sense and color,
hold away despair…”

"Terrapin Station" Words by Robert Hunter; music by Jerry Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment